Wedding receptions, like the wedding ceremony itself, are one of the best moments in one’s life. Everyone wants to ensure that his or her wedding reception is one to remember—magical even. But how can one assure that his or her wedding reception turns out to be “magical”? Here are some tips that couples can use to ensure that their wedding reception is surely one to remember.
1. Relive moments and memories. “Although the reception is a kind of party to celebrate with your guests, it is always best that you—as a couple—relive moments and memories you had and have,” says Anthony Franco, CEO of Better Cater, a top catering software company. It is not only romantic, but also heart-warming for the audience. You can relive moments such as how you met, how you became friends, how the romance started, and how the decision to finally tie the knot came. However, make sure that this will not bore the audience. You can also invite your families and friends to relive the moments they know about. Let them retell it!
2. Pay attention to the needs of everyone. Yes, this is your moment to relax and feel happy; but remember that this is your hosted event. Whether or not you are the one who organized the event, you are responsible to ensure the convenience of the guests. Make sure that everyone is comfortable, enjoying their food, seating plans, and other needs during the event. It is not wrong to adjust the venue and talk to the guests, especially those you want to come.
3. Involve the guests. As mentioned in the first aspect, you have to make sure that your guests are not just your “audience” or “spectators” for the event; make sure that they are involved in the event as well. Be it you have a little program or a bit of entertainment prepared, make sure that most of your guests are part of it. You can request any of them to sing a song for you, or you can simply devise little ways that will make them feel that they are not there to watch, but really become a part of one of your happiest events in life.
4. Be imaginative. People always respect the sanctity of marriage—both religious and cultural. However, the reception is no longer a part of the ceremony—it is but a party to celebrate your two-becoming-one. It is a time where you can be yourself and let your personality shine. Let your imagination drive you to make this moment unforgettable. You can devise a themed reception if you like and create different programs with segments to make it more enjoyable. Your family and friends can help you with this as well. Let your guests know in advance what the reception will be like so they can prepare. Also, be sensitive to people’s principles and values in life. Be imaginative, but be sensitive.
5. Relax. Again, although you are the host of the party, you have to relax and look your best. It doesn’t mean that you don’t interact with the guests; it simply means that you don’t do all the hard work. You can hire an event organizer to put everything together and simply give your personal touch. This is your wedding reception to enjoy and not to be stressed about.